Rudraksha beads are basically the seeds of a plant named Elaeocarpus ganitrus. Rudrakshas have been worn by many Hindus since old times and all over the world. Many Hindu scriptures have talked in detail about the several benefits of wearing Rudraksha.
Let’s tell you some of the main benefits in brief. Rudraksha has a lot of benefits to travellers and is believed to let them stay unharmed in new environments and while consuming new or different varieties of foods. The real Rudraksha protects the wearer against negative energy, enhances concentration, relieves pain, controls bile and phlegm, manages blood pressure, improves intelligence and memory, treats a variety of skin problems, makes the skin radiant and many more benefits.
Rudrakshas are very popular worldwide and there are thousands of sellers in the market. Their imitations are often made and sold without any hesitation. There are a lot of spurious sellers who often dupe innocent customers and make them buy fake Rudrakshas at the price of real ones. The counterfeit Rudrakshas might look real, but they don’t work as one!
Artificial Rudraksha is generally made from the wild berry seeds or nuts. You might often hear people calling Rudrakshas as 1 Mukhi, 2 Mukhi, 10 Mukhi and so on. The term Mukhi is the facet meaning the deep lining running through the diameter of a Rudraksha bead. By observing these deep linings-facets closely, one can recognize real Rudraksha.
There are a number of other methods also for identification of fake Rudraksha :-
1. Water test – To check if your Rudraksha is real or not, put it in boiling water for 20-30 minutes. If it is artificial, a sharp discolouration will take place at the joint. You can also perform another test. Place the bead in a glass of water, if it floats it is rejected. However, this test is not very reliable because sometimes genuine but unripe Rudraksha also floats in water.
2. Cutting test – The most reliable test is to cut the Rudraksha bead. If you find the number of compartments equal to the number of lines, it is a real Rudraksha. However, it may not be very cost-friendly as the bead gets destroyed.
3. Copper Coin test– It is a believed that Rudraksha bead rotates slightly either towards the right or the left when kept between two copper coins. This is due to the physical and magnetic properties of the Rudraksha beads. This test requires a high level of expertise and a good buyer usually buys the bead that rotates towards the right.
4. Properties test -This test is conducted to find whether the beads exhibit properties like inductance, capacitance, conduction of electric current etc.
5. Eye test – The real Rudraksha will have Mukhis that look like closed lips with deep natural partitions. Sometimes, counterfeiters fake Rudraksha by sticking thorny parts of one Rudraksha onto another. You can observe this difference by a 10x lens. However, none of these tests deliver 100% true results. The best way to buy an expensive Rudraksha is by taking an X-ray or by CT scan of that Rudraksha.
6. Scientific techniques – X-Ray- Best way to observe your Rudraksha is through X-ray technique. One can see the internal structure without damaging the beads. This digital X-ray test is done for Rudrakshas up to nine Mukhis but higher Mukhi beads may not give 100% accurate results due to the overlapping of the internal seeds.
Although, costlier than X-rays but CT scanning is another good way for identification of Rudraksha. It gives clearer and better results than X-rays. CT Scanning and X-ray are expensive methods to identify the Rudraksha but gives clear and accurate results.
Another important point is that Rudraksha being a natural product comes in numerous qualities from low, medium, high to the gatherer. A purchaser ought to evade low-quality dabs which are lightweight, have broken surfaces and are awkward looking and have to a great degree dry surface. Go for Rudraksha which is overwhelming, splendid, shiny and shapely and radiates a positive vibration.
Some long-lasting providers in Nepal and India bargain in fake Beads as a component of their typical trade and this is essentially a piece of the business. Fake round 1 Mukhi are sold in both India and Indonesia. Little pieces of Rudraksha are stuck on four of the lines of a five Mukhi globule along these lines leaving just a single profound line. It can be identified by bubbling in water for 2-3 hours. The other shrouded lines would appear in an alternate shading as the paste mollifies. Pieces chip off on normal wearing.
7. Buy from a reliable source – Another method to remove the glue that is not water soluble is to place Bead in Liquid Nitrous Oxide, so it melts the more sophisticated glues. Fake beads can also be made from wood, cork, gum or from a type of clay. As well as from the inner wood of the plant species Aquillaria agallocha and from the wood of Chestnut (Akrod) plant. To identify real Rudraksha, an expert’s eye and touch are required. There is a lot of variation in Rudraksha beads. It is always, better to purchase Rudraksha beads from the authentic sources.
Another strategy to evacuate the paste that isn’t water dissolvable is to put Bead in Liquid Nitrous Oxide, so it softens the more refined pastes. Counterfeit beads can likewise be produced using wood, plug, gum or from a kind of earth. And in addition to the internal wood of the plant species Aquillaria agallocha and from the wood of Chestnut (Akrod) plant. To distinguish genuine Rudraksha, a specialist’s eye and touch are required. There is a considerable measure of variety in Rudraksha dabs. Consistent gathering of various Rudraksha from various regions adds to one’s involvement in this field. It is dependable, along these lines, better to buy Rudraksha dots from the real sources.