Product packaging with unique aesthetics and high security instantly grabs the attention of the end-consumer. No wonder, one of the prime objectives of packaging is to lure the consumers and make the product more saleable.
Taking a cue from this, packaging experts at Holostik came up with the idea of using UV embossed films for making highly attractive mono cartons and labels.
Packaging products affixed with UV embossed films have the potential to increase sales and leverage brand value.
UV embossed films-explained
UV embossed films are mainly polymer films coated with UV curable resin, which is later cured by high power UV light at the time of embossing. The UV embossing technology helps to produce high-quality holographic properties and effects as compared to hard and soft embossing processes.
UV embossing is a roll to roll manufacturing process consisting of 3 steps:
- The coating process: A flexible substrate film such as polyester is unwound from a reel and then a liquid UV curable resin is coated on the top side of the film. The film is dried to remove the solvent from the resin.
- Curing process: When the film is being embossed a high source UV light cures the resin.
- Rewound: In the final stage the completely cured embossed film is rewound on the reel.
UV embossed films from Holostik
Holostik’s UV-embossed films are used for making enticing and highly secure mono cartons. The innovative packaging solutions not only provide security to the product but also enhance the point of sale visibility. These films are available in generic and customized forms.
Customers who have used our UV-embossed films have reported a visible reduction in counterfeiting of their products and an increase in sales.
Technical specifications of UV embossed films
- Thickness: 23 microns for carton PET and 50 microns/36 microns for label PET
- Available as metallised PET / transparent PET
- Can incorporate different effects like 20 generic effects, texture, Images and pillar of light